What is the role of a Parenting Plan?
1. Is a default agreement if parents cannot agree;
2. Establishes a pattern and consistency;
3. Assures fairness and/or consideration for each parent.
So, what are the benefits of a Parenting Plan?
• The child(ren)’s best interests are put first;
• The parenting plan is unique, devised to suit every family’s different
• Helps minimize conflict between parents by clearly setting out guidelines and expectations;
• Parents work together to develop the plan which helps them develop communication and negotiation skills;
• Parents can focus on parenting their children rather than fighting with the other parent;
• Benefits the children by ensuring they receive support, nurturing and love from both parents;
• Effective plans can make the transition to two households less stressful.